Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant to Read But Didn't Get To

Happy Top Ten Tuesday!

1. Steles of the Sky by Elizabeth Bear



2. The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison



3. Exodus by Deborah Feldman



4. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd



5. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski



6. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen



7. China Dolls by Lisa See



8. The Republic of Imagination: America in Three Books by Azar Nafisi



9. Yes Please by Amy Poehler



10. Bombay Blues by Tanuja Desai Hidier


4 comments:

Edel @ TheIrishBookworm said...

Queen of the Tearling is one I totally forgot about! I do really want to read that one. The only one I have read on your list is the Winner's Curse and I was quite disappointed with it but I know a lot of people really enjoyed it.

My TTT

Stephanie@No Dork Fear said...

I completely forgot about The Goblin Emperor which got so many great reviews and looks fantastic. There needs to be a little pocket of infinite time where people can sneak off to and read. Either that or I need to learn to speed read. Nice eclectic list!

Space Station Mir said...

@Edel-I've browsed Queen of the Tearling and it looked pretty good. I'm only interested in the Winner's Curse because I read the first chapter for free online and was intrigued. What was disappointing about it (without being too specific!)?

@Stephanie-Agreed on the pocket of infinite time!

Jay Riv said...

The Goblin Emperor and Winner's Curse are both books I hope to read this year. I hope you get the chance to read them as well, along with these other books.

Here’s My TTT