Skip to main content

2021 Releases I Was Excited to Read But Didn't Get To

 Happy Top Ten Tuesday!

Last year, like this year, I wasn't concentrating too much on new releases. That said, there were a couple books coming out from favorite authors and other books I heard about that were published in 2021, but I will get to them in a later year. 


2021 Releases I Was Excited to Read But Didn't Get To

  1. A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers
  2. Gilded by Marissa Meyer
  3. The Rabbi Who Prayed With Fire by Rachel Sharona Lewis
  4. The City Beautiful by Aden Polydoros
  5. The Witch Collector by Charissa Weaks


Comments

Lydia said…
A Psalm for the Wild-Built was amazing! There’s a sequel coming out for it this summer. I hope you like that series if or when you read it!

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-2021-releases-i-was-excited-to-read-but-didnt-get-to/
@Lydia Good to hear! I've loved all her other books so far.
Greg said…
I still need to read Psalm.
I read The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet last year. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/2022-resolutions-and-goals/
Marianne said…
Looks great, only five books. I was lucky they asked for publishings from last year only, otherwise my list would have been even longer.

My TTT this week.

By the way, I saw in your profile that you like wearing scarfs all year long. My sons were the opposite, wearing shorts all year long (even now, when they don't work). Our youngest was once asked in school whether he lost a bet because he wore shorts in January. And he said there were girls in his class who would be completely decently dressed even if they took of all their clothes except for their scarves. LOL
@Marianne, yes, my list would be much longer if they included all past years! I don't wear scarves ALL year long, but I'm pretty passionate about them when outside in winter weather! I admire the girls in your son's class :-)
Every time I see Becky Chambers' name I think about reading more of her books. I only read the first book in her great series, and now I see here a new (well, 2021) book.

Popular posts from this blog

Books I Loved But Never Reviewed

 Reviewed is a strong word. I've mostly stopped doing formal book reviews except for author requests and/or when I feel like it, but I usually give some description and or opinions of books I'm reading, usually multiple times, through weekly and monthly wrap-ups. I do find that it' s more difficult to review my absolute favorite books than books I either disliked or engaged with strongly on an intellectual rather than emotional level. For example, I rarely review poetry beyond "I loved it'" or "Meh." It's much easier to explain criticism of vocabulary usage or a plot device than explain how the book felt like a snug little snow globe. So, for this Top Ten Tuesday , I'm listing books that I loved, didn't give a formal review, and (I think) didn't discuss too much.  Books I Loved But Never Reviewed A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman We Are Okay by Nina LaCour The Broken Earth Trilogy by N.K. J...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at the Broke and the Bookish! I had to go back to my anticipated books of 2015 to remember this! Looks like the winners are: 1. The Mechanical by Ian Tregellis 2. Get in Trouble by Kelly Link 3. The Boy Who Lost Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente 4. Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear 5. Armada by Ernest Cline 6. The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin