Skip to main content

Characters from Different Books Who Should Team Up

 What a creative idea! I love this topic but it does take some extra thinking. I'll be interested to see what everyone else comes up with.

Happy Top Ten Tuesday!

Characters from Different Books Who Should Team Up (Or date, be friends with, etc.)

  1. Addie LaRue/Nimona--I think these two would have a lot to relate to each other about, two beings who were once people but have become something else. I imagine Nimona accepting a deal from the devil so people see her as the person they most want to see--which means she'll see through Addie's invisibility like David in the book. 
  2. Elizabeth Bennet/Temeraire--Similarly, I think these two would have a lot of rebellious 19th century England ideas in common and would make a great team. 
  3. Hava from Seasparrow/Miss Benson from Miss Benson's Beetle--They're both weird and relate to animals more than people--and also enjoy travelling. I think they would get along.
  4. Ronan from The Raven Boys/Jesper from Six of Crows--I could see them getting along really well--I think they would enjoy each others' weapons and powers and could see them as great friends or something more.
  5. Lyra from His Dark Materials/Tina from the Unstoppable Trilogy--Lyra's had so many weird experiences, I think she could just fit in on Tina's spaceship, and I feel like these two could have a lot to discuss about being reluctant chosen ones. 



Comments

Lydia said…
Lyra and Tina are a great pick.

Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.
Ronan and Jesper would be interesting, BUT ADAM!
@Deanna-I know! I just have to pretend that doesn't exist or they're on a break or something.
Susan said…
I"m not familiar with any of these characters, unfortunately. I'm glad you came up with some for this topic. I, like many bloggers this week, just couldn't make it happen! LOL.

Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!
Pam said…
I love how you explained your pairings!

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
https://readbakecreate.com/the-bs-have-it-ten-titles-starting-with-b/
iloveheartlandX said…
Ooh I did not think of Ronan and Jesper but that would be an interesting matchup!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/08/15/top-ten-tuesday-433/

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Books I Loved But Never Reviewed

 Reviewed is a strong word. I've mostly stopped doing formal book reviews except for author requests and/or when I feel like it, but I usually give some description and or opinions of books I'm reading, usually multiple times, through weekly and monthly wrap-ups. I do find that it' s more difficult to review my absolute favorite books than books I either disliked or engaged with strongly on an intellectual rather than emotional level. For example, I rarely review poetry beyond "I loved it'" or "Meh." It's much easier to explain criticism of vocabulary usage or a plot device than explain how the book felt like a snug little snow globe. So, for this Top Ten Tuesday , I'm listing books that I loved, didn't give a formal review, and (I think) didn't discuss too much.  Books I Loved But Never Reviewed A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman We Are Okay by Nina LaCour The Broken Earth Trilogy by N.K. J...