Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top Ten Books I'm Excited to Read in 2012

I missed this Top Ten Tuesday topic for The Broke and the Bookish, and this week's a freebie, so here goes.

1.Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain

2. Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War by Clive Barker

3. The Winter Palace by Eva Stachniak

4. Catherine the Great by Robert K. Massie

5. Range of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear

6. Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisa Peshl

7. Insurgent by Veronica Roth

8. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares

9. At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson

10. A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson

2 comments:

Li @ rulethewaves.net said...

Great list! Susan Cain's book is also on my list of books I want to read, it sounds interesting and empowering for us introverts =D

Here's my TTT for this week! =)

Carl V. said...

Hope you enjoy the Bryson's, both are very good, if very different, books. I bought At Home after hearing Bryson read from it on NPR during its initially release. I picked it up that very day and couldn't put it down, reading several passages of it over again to my wife as I was reading. It was chock full of fascinating material.