1. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
2. Silver by Rhiannon Held
3. Gilt by Katherine Longshore
4. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
5. Divergent by Veronica Roth
6. Fable series by Bill Willingham (You could probably go through 2-3 per day)
7. Eragon books by Christopher Paolini
8. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books by Ann Brashares
9. A Year in the World by Frances Mayes
10. American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
I've geared my list toward fun, light reading since I think that's essentially what "beach read" is shorthand for. However, I don't tend to read the type of books that are usually beach read fodder, like mysteries or romances or "chick lit" like Jodi Piccoult, Jennifer Weiner, or Sophie Kinsella. I've never read a book from either of the latter two and of Piccoult, I've read only My Sister's Keeper. I want to recommend something like Eat, Pray, Love-but I haven't read that either.
I almost never go to the beach, but honestly my vacation reading in recent years has included War and Peace, Anna Karenina, and Madame Bovary, so I might not be doing this right. Harry Potter?