Happy Top Ten Tuesday!
These are probably supposed to be 2015 new releases, so I'll try to put a few of those, but really these are just books I hope I will get to read in 2015.
1. The Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin
2. Steles of the Sky by Elizabeth Bear
I intend to buy and read it by 2015 at least, if not before!
3. The Republic of Imagination: America in Three Books by Azar Nafisi
It's out! I've been waiting for this book for years!
4. Get in Trouble by Kelly Link
It's time I learned what the fuss is with Kelly Link's short stories. I feel especially interested in her since I met her, once, at the Boston Book Festival.
5. Pioneer Girl by Laura Ingalls Wilder
The unvarnished story of The Little House on the Prairie books is finally being published.
6. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
This pre-and-post apocalyptic novel has garnered much praise this year, perhaps I should check it out.
7. On a Red Station, Drifting by Aliette de Bodard
And speaking of stations, I've been meaning to get to this one.
8. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
I've typically stayed away from the celebrity memoir genre, but if I was going to break that trend, it might be for this book. I've really been enjoying "Parks and Recreation," and I feel like Poehler must have a story to tell.
9. Redeployment by Phil Klay
It just won the National Book Award, and it's about time we had some literature on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
10. The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss
I want to read this, but I think I have to read The Wise Man's Fear first.