Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2015

Happy Top Ten Tuesday!

It's funny, I've done a lot more reading by this point in the year than in past years, but I feel like I've read fewer books that I absolutely LOVED. Maybe it's more a matter of percentage though.

1. Kindred by Octavia Butler



2. The Creation of Eve by Lynn Cullen



3. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith



4. Pearl of China by Anchee Min



5. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore



6. Fire by Kristin Cashore



7. The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon



8. The Galaxy Game by Karen Lord



9. The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters



10. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith aka J.K. Rowling



p.s. I swear I did not intentionally make this 90% female authors. It just happened.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I love Carlos Ruiz Zafon! I saw him read/speak a few years ago and he was such a cool guy.

Stephanie Shepherd said...

I read it several years ago but I also really loved I Capture the Castle. It's such an effective and surprising coming of age tale. I've seen The Paying Guest mentioned a lot in glowing terms this year.

Sue Holmes said...

I have just bought I Capture the Castle for our school library. What age group is it best suited to?
I don't know the others yet, but they look really good. I'll check them out. Thanks for sharing.
My TTT @Crushingcinders

Space Station Mir said...

Hi Sue, I would say I Capture the Castle is best suited to high school age, though even at that, it was a little "older" (in terms of audience, not age of the book) than I'd anticipated. It's a coming-of-age story, but I wouldn't necessarily call it YA.