Happy Top Ten Tuesday!
It's funny, I've done a lot more reading by this point in the year than in past years, but I feel like I've read fewer books that I absolutely LOVED. Maybe it's more a matter of percentage though.
1. Kindred by Octavia Butler
2. The Creation of Eve by Lynn Cullen
3. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
4. Pearl of China by Anchee Min
5. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
6. Fire by Kristin Cashore
7. The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
8. The Galaxy Game by Karen Lord
9. The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters
10. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith aka J.K. Rowling
p.s. I swear I did not intentionally make this 90% female authors. It just happened.