Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top Ten Authors I've Read the Most Books From



Happy Top Ten Tuesday!

This will probably be pretty similar to the Top Ten Authors I Own the Most Books From.

1. William Shakespeare

All of the sonnets (1), The Rape of Lucrece, Venus and Adonis, tragedies (Hamlet, Macbeth, Lear, Othello, Romeo & Juliet--5), histories (Henry IV Part I and II, Henry VIII--3), problem plays (The Tempest, Measure for Measure, Cymbeline--3), comedies (Midsummer, Much Ado, Shrew, Twelfth Night, All's Well, As You Like It, Two Gentlemen, Errors--8 at least). --23 works, at least.

2. Madeleine L'Engle

The Time Quintet (5), Austin Family (I've read 4 of 7), O'Keefe Family (3), Camilla books (2), Katherine books (2), Certain Women, And Both Were Young, The Joys of Love, A Circle of Quiet--at least 20 L'Engle books.

3. L.M. Montgomery

The Anne books (8), Emily books (3), The Blue Castle, Jane of Lantern Hill, A Tangled Web, The Road to Yesterday, The Doctor's Sweetheart and Other Stories--16 books.

4. C.S. Lewis

The Chronicles of Narnia (7), the Space Trilogy (3), The Screwtape Letters--11 books.

5. J.K. Rowling

The Harry Potter books (7), The Cuckoo's Calling--8 books.

6. J.R.R. Tolkien

The Lord of the Rings (3), the Silmarillion, Smith of Wootton Major and Farmer Giles of Ham, I've also read his translation of Beowulf but not sure if that counts, and some essays--5 and some halves?

7. Louisa May Alcott

March family books (3), Rose books (2), Moods--6 books.

8. Jane Austen

All 6 novels.

9. Frank Herbert

Dune books (6)

10. Amy Tan

The Joy Luck Club, The Bonesetter's Daughter, The Kitchen God's Wife, The Hundred Secret Senses, and The Valley of Amazement--5 books.

10. Ann Brashares

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants plus Sisterhood Everlasting--5 books.

*Edit*

Philippa Gregory

Tudor Court (6), The Cousins' War (3), Tradescant series (1)--10 books.

3 comments:

Cait @ Paper Fury said...

Ahhh I forgot about CS Lewis!! I've only read 7 of his Narnia books but AFDJSKALFD THEY WERE MY CHILDHOOD FAVOURITES. I must've read each one a hundred times. :')
Here's my TTT!

Carrie said...

You have some of my very favorites on this list :)
My TTT

Space Station Mir said...

@Cait--There only were 7 Narnia books, at least in my collection! I read 1-6 too many times to count, but I only read the 7th once and like to pretend it doesn't exist.