1. I'm now reading Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential--I know it says "Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly" but I was not prepared for the level of drugs and criminality. With some of the stuff he talks about, I'm surprised this book didn't end up with him six feet under, even though he does change names. Wow.
2. Wedding dates--how do you choose? Do you ask your friends and family first? The rabbi? The venue? What comes first when picking a date? I'm so confused.
3. Are engagement parties really necessary? I know people have them, but I didn't realize it was, like, de rigeur. There's a budget for it in all of the wedding planning books/sites I've looked at, and it just seems really unnecessary? Especially if a bridal shower is also required/expected? Who came up with this madness?
4. I think I officially DNF'd Empress of the Night, just have to return it to the library. Next audiobook up: The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler. I hear there are corgis.
5. So, not a huge deal, but 85-90% of my clothes are visibly worn out or have stains/holes. I should probably get new clothes. Except a) I hate shopping for clothes and b) I have zero budget for clothes. Tips on cost-conscious shopping? I know I should probably try thrift stores, but that's not a thing my family does so it's not familiar to me and the idea of hunting through tons of clothes makes me ill.