Skip to main content

Top Ten Unread Books On My Shelf

Clearly, I didn't look at today's Top Ten Tuesday topic at the Broke and the Bookish last night! Otherwise, I would have saved my TBR list. But here are some other books that still lie unread on my shelf, despite my desire to read them.

1. The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet by Reif Larsen

Been meaning to read since I attended a panel with Reif Larsen at the first Boston Book Festival.

2. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares

Loved the Sisterhood books, still need to read this, although I'm afraid I won't love it as much.

3. The Room and the Chair by Lorraine Adams

Great story about how I attended a Bookslut Reading for this, which just happened to coincide with my visit to Berlin.

4. Sandition and Other Stories by Jane Austen

Been meaning to read these forever, and recently picked up a copy in a used bookstore.

5. King of the Murgos by David Eddings

The second book of the Malloreon, the follow-up series to the Belgariad, which I loved.

6. Demon Lord of Karanda by David Eddings

The third book of the Malloreon.

7. Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl

Recommended to me a long time ago and received from Bookmooch, but haven't read it yet.

That's all I can think of at the moment, sure there are more somewhere, probably in boxes....

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've not read any of those!
Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)
I've really got to take the time to finish The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet by Reif Larsen. I've started it twice and enjoyed it both times but the timing of actually reading it was always off for me. I've heard many wonderful reviews of the book and if the rest of it is as enjoyable as the first quarter of it has been I know I'll have a worthwhile experience finishing the book.

Popular posts from this blog

Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List

It's already mid-fall, so I've already read some of these, but I imagine I'll finish more before the fall is out! I'm reading quite widely these days--I seem to be reading 3-6 books at any given time, because of book clubs, yes, but also mood, format, and availability. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I received this ebook for review from LibraryThing, and I've never been quite so pleased with my choices! This was a hilarious ride from the get-go and crammed full of witchy Goth kid oddities and gore--a perfect Halloween read, and hopefully the beginning of a series! A Bridesmaid's Guide to Murder by Abigail Scott--Another ebook I received for review from LibraryThing--and whatever it is, books ending in "Guide to Murder" are killing it for me these days! (Let's not look too deep...) I'm not finished, but I'm loving it so far. Don't Forget to Write by Sara Go...

Cozy/Atmospheric Reads

I love this topic for rejoining Top Ten Tuesday!  I'm trying to lean in as much as possible to the coziness of fall and the upcoming winter season. I've done a lot better with that the last few years. Just because it isn't my favorite doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. Plus, some books I'm reading lately that are apropos for the Halloween atmosphere pervading my neighborhood this month at least.  Cozy/Atmospheric Reads Adenashire, a Cozy Fantasy Book Series by J. Penner--These books are the epitome of cozy fantasy with distinctive characters from a variety of creative fantasy backgrounds, including orcs, fennex, and gargoyles. The Bloodstained Key by Charity Rau--Not so cozy, but stiflingly atmospheric--a Gothic novel set inside a fairytale. The Unfortunate Side Effects of Heartbreak and Magic by Breanne Randall--Really captures the cozy atmosphere of a small town and a trove of magical family secrets. An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I don...

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...