Skip to main content

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind for Hanukkah

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at the Broke and the Bookish!

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind for Hanukkah

1. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


I've already read it, but I want to re-read it and I feel like it's a book I will enjoy referring back to.







2. Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin


I have it out of the library right now, and I've already read and renewed it twice.







3. The 8th Habit by Stephen R. Covey


I have it out of the library right now, but I feel like to really use it right I have to own it...






4. Anything by Jen Lancaster


She makes me laugh out loud so much. I got Bitter is the New Black from the little Free Library and I'm not giving it back anytime soon. I also have The Tao of Martha out from the library right now, but she has a ton more books that I'm sure I'll enjoy just as much.




5. Marriage; A History by Stephanie Coontz


I've wanted to read this forever, but flip-flopped on buying nonfiction I haven't already read. However, it's feeling rather pertinent right now and the library doesn't have it.





6. The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick


I just heard of this one from Modern Mrs. Darcy, but it sounds interesting and I'm always intrigued by books with characters named Miriam.






7. Starflight and Starfall by Melissa Landers



These  both sounds like really fun space fantasies.






8. Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham


I love Gilmore Girls (#thebooknotthemovie) and I'm really into memoirs right now, so this is perfect.






9. Lab Girl by Hope Jahren


Very much one of the 'it' books this year, and as a memoir about a woman in the sciences, it sounds up my alley.






10. The Cozy Life by Pia Edberg, The Year of Living Danishly by Helen Russell, How to Hygge by Signe Johansen or any other book about hygge


Right on trend, I'm fascinated with the Danish concept of hygge and kind of want to read all the new books about it, especially for winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List

It's already mid-fall, so I've already read some of these, but I imagine I'll finish more before the fall is out! I'm reading quite widely these days--I seem to be reading 3-6 books at any given time, because of book clubs, yes, but also mood, format, and availability. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I received this ebook for review from LibraryThing, and I've never been quite so pleased with my choices! This was a hilarious ride from the get-go and crammed full of witchy Goth kid oddities and gore--a perfect Halloween read, and hopefully the beginning of a series! A Bridesmaid's Guide to Murder by Abigail Scott--Another ebook I received for review from LibraryThing--and whatever it is, books ending in "Guide to Murder" are killing it for me these days! (Let's not look too deep...) I'm not finished, but I'm loving it so far. Don't Forget to Write by Sara Go...

Cozy/Atmospheric Reads

I love this topic for rejoining Top Ten Tuesday!  I'm trying to lean in as much as possible to the coziness of fall and the upcoming winter season. I've done a lot better with that the last few years. Just because it isn't my favorite doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. Plus, some books I'm reading lately that are apropos for the Halloween atmosphere pervading my neighborhood this month at least.  Cozy/Atmospheric Reads Adenashire, a Cozy Fantasy Book Series by J. Penner--These books are the epitome of cozy fantasy with distinctive characters from a variety of creative fantasy backgrounds, including orcs, fennex, and gargoyles. The Bloodstained Key by Charity Rau--Not so cozy, but stiflingly atmospheric--a Gothic novel set inside a fairytale. The Unfortunate Side Effects of Heartbreak and Magic by Breanne Randall--Really captures the cozy atmosphere of a small town and a trove of magical family secrets. An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I don...

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...