Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at That Artsy Reader Girl!
The Ten Most Recent Additions to My To-Be-Read List
From this article
2. The Tokaido Road by Lucia St. Clair Robson
Recommended by a friend, who read it on her trip to Japan. Historical fiction set on the road between Tokyo and Kyoto.
3. The Muralist by B.A. Shapiro
I've wanted to read this for a while, and it's my book club's next pick.
4. The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters by Priya Parker
Can't remember where I read about this, but I'm intrigued.
5. Sister Emily's Lightship by Jane Yolen
Short stories for adults by Jane Yolen. Sold.
6. Chemistry by Weike Wang
Protagonist getting a PhD, working in a lab, trying to please her Chinese parents--even though none of those describe me, I relate pretty heavily since it's a story similar to mine and those in my peer group.
7. King Solomon's Table by Joan Nathan
Saw in the library, but I think this is one I need to own--one of those cookbook/history books I'm so entranced by lately.
This one doesn't come out till June, but sounds amazing: mechanical dragons, set in China, can't wait.
9. Sky Without Stars by Jessica Brody and Joanne Rendell
Les Mis in space--this comes out in March, and I'm there.
10. This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone
Another upcoming release that has me by the title. I wish I could remember what list I got it from!