Skip to main content

Top Ten Book Characters I'd Love to Be Besties With


Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at That Artsy Reader Girl!

Top Ten Book Characters I'd Love to Be Besties With

1. Meg Murry from A Wrinkle in Time

        I've always related to Meg and thought we would be good friends. We could defy the unctuous principal together and go on adventures in space and mitochondria alike!

2. Jo March from Little Women

 I've always admired Jo March, not to mention Louisa May Alcott, and I bet we could have some fun climbing trees and imagining worlds to conquer. 

3. Emily from Emily of New Moon

      Emily and Ilse always seem like they have a lot of fun clambering over the countryside and making up stories. I'd love to romp and talk with Emily.

4. Grace Delarua from The Best of All Possible Worlds

 Besides being a kind, smart person, Grace has contagious laughter! When she laughs, people          around her feel good. That's a friend I want by my side!

5. Anlei from Stronger Than a Bronze Dragon

Anlei can fight off dangerous lunar spirits and demons. Plus, she's a talented gymnast and            performer. I like a friend who can protect and entertain me, plus I think we have a lot in common. 

6. Blue from The Raven Boys
 
I enjoy Blue's sensibility and sense of style. I think we would have a lot in common, plus she could teach me about tarot, which I've wanted to know more about ever since I read these books. 

7. Wren from Girls of Paper and Fire

Wren dances, fights, and looks forbidding in dark dresses. Plus, she has a lot of secrets. I couldn't help being attracted to her as a friend. 

8. Cath from Fangirl

I want to write with Cath! I love how dedicated she is to her writing, but also how collaborative she is, and I think we could cook up something fun. 

9. Amara from Children of Blood and Bone

I'd love to go to restaurants with Amara and have her describe how much she enjoys what she's eating. Amara really appreciates the finer things in life (food!) and we have some deep down commonalities that I think would make us close.

10. Ead Duryan from The Priory of the Orange Tree
Besides being a secret warrior spy, Ead is an especially loyal friend that I'd be lucky to have. 

Comments

Lydia said…
You're making me so curious about reading Fangirl. Why must my TBR already be so long? LOL.

My TTT.
Judy Krueger said…
What a curious and almost creepy idea, to be friends with a fictional character. Would I become fictional myself? Just kidding but I am still waking up so your post was almost like a dream moment. Still, I feel I have been best friends with Jo March for most of my life.
Lydia, I would definitely recommend Fangirl! TBRs are meant to be long!

Judy, sometimes I wouldn't mind being fictional. But from the amount of time I've spent with her, you're right, Jo March and I are good friends already.
Astrid said…
Lovely list! Yes, befriending a fictional character sounds bit creepy, but then again, I love the worlds of fiction to retreat into.
YES, I love that you included Emily of New Moon. I'm definitely into that.

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Books I Loved But Never Reviewed

 Reviewed is a strong word. I've mostly stopped doing formal book reviews except for author requests and/or when I feel like it, but I usually give some description and or opinions of books I'm reading, usually multiple times, through weekly and monthly wrap-ups. I do find that it' s more difficult to review my absolute favorite books than books I either disliked or engaged with strongly on an intellectual rather than emotional level. For example, I rarely review poetry beyond "I loved it'" or "Meh." It's much easier to explain criticism of vocabulary usage or a plot device than explain how the book felt like a snug little snow globe. So, for this Top Ten Tuesday , I'm listing books that I loved, didn't give a formal review, and (I think) didn't discuss too much.  Books I Loved But Never Reviewed A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman We Are Okay by Nina LaCour The Broken Earth Trilogy by N.K. J...