Skip to main content

Books on My Fall 2022 TBR

 It's been a crazy month, and I don't tend to be a seasonal reader but publishers tend to put out their biggest books in the fall. So, happy fall and happy Rosh Hashanah next week (I won't be participating in TTT since it falls on the second day of Rosh Hashanah). Shana tova u'metuka--a sweet new year--to anyone else celebrating or anyone who just needs a fresh start. Happy 5783!

Happy Top Ten Tuesday!

Top Ten Books on My Fall 2022 TBR

  1. When Women Were Dragons by Kelly Barnhill--Did you see the title?

  2. Fair Play by Eve Rodsky (methods/card system for chores)

  3. The Cloisters by Katy Hays

  4. Thank You for Listening by Julia Whelan

  5. Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing by Matthew Perry--As a '90s kid, I think I'm obligated to read this.

  6. The Fixer Upper by Lauren Forsythe

  7. The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O’Farrell--Intriguing review in WaPo on this fiction about a lesser known de Medici.

  8. Thistlefoot by GennaRose Nethercott--I once went as Baba Yaga for Halloween.

  9. Bully Market: My Story of Money and Misogyny at Goldman Sachs by Jamie Fiore Higgins

  10. Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin--Saw excerpts from a fellow Bookstagrammer.

Comments

Lydia said…
I hadn’t even heard of any of these titles yet. I hope you enjoy them, and thanks for introducing me to some brand new books and authors. :)

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-fall-2022-to-read-list/
Poinsettia said…
I haven't heard of these, but I hope you enjoy them when you get the chance! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!
Great list of interesting books to read this Fall, I want to read a lot of them too. I hope you enjoy them. Here is my TTT: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-books-on-my-fall-2022-to-read-list/
Have a great week 🙂
Happy Rosh Hashanah! I hope you're enjoying your fall TBR.

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Books I Loved But Never Reviewed

 Reviewed is a strong word. I've mostly stopped doing formal book reviews except for author requests and/or when I feel like it, but I usually give some description and or opinions of books I'm reading, usually multiple times, through weekly and monthly wrap-ups. I do find that it' s more difficult to review my absolute favorite books than books I either disliked or engaged with strongly on an intellectual rather than emotional level. For example, I rarely review poetry beyond "I loved it'" or "Meh." It's much easier to explain criticism of vocabulary usage or a plot device than explain how the book felt like a snug little snow globe. So, for this Top Ten Tuesday , I'm listing books that I loved, didn't give a formal review, and (I think) didn't discuss too much.  Books I Loved But Never Reviewed A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman We Are Okay by Nina LaCour The Broken Earth Trilogy by N.K. J...