Skip to main content

Top 10 Series I'd Like to Catch Up On (or Start)

 I have a lot of series I've read with books that recently came out that I want to catch up on, but frankly, feeling a little overwhelmed! With everything I have going on, I'm turning more to TV shows than books, and some of these series/trilogies, I feel like I want to reread the whole series or at least the previous book before I pick up the new ones. Anyway, I am lucky that a lot of long-awaited books have finally, finally come out and they will be there when I am ready!

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at That Artsy Rader Girl!

Top 10 Series I'd Like to Catch Up On (or Start)

1. Dreams Bigger Than Heartbreak, #2 in the Unstoppable series by Charlie Jane Anders!!!!! These first two came to mind immediately because I've been thinking about reading them and love both these authors so much--but I do feel like I have to reread the previous books because I feel like there are so many intricate details, and the Unstoppable series has a huge (amazing...but...huge) cast, since, you know, it is a starship. 

2. Greywaren, #3 in the Dreamer trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater!!!!!!! My friend thinks this one might not be good for Declan though, and he is my favorite, so if she is right, I will be mad. 

3. Station Eternity, #1 in the Midsolar Murders by Mur Lafferty--this is the first book in a brand-new trilogy that just came out, and it looks great!

4. A Prayer for the Crown-Shy, #2 in the Monk & Robot series by Becky Chambers--I had been meaning to read this series forever, and I did read the first one relatively recently so I might not need to reread it again if I get to this one soon. 

5. Yours Cheerfully, #2 in the Emmeline Lake chronicles by AJ Pearce--I definitely did not imagine that the cheery book about an advice columnist on the homefront in the U.K. during WWII would turn into a series, but I'm here for it!

6. Seasparrow, #5 in the Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore--Ok, I did not actually think this one was out yet, but it looks like it came out Oct. 27! I'm so excited and actually I love and reread this series so much, I can probably go straight to this one--though this is one of those ones I might want to wait till I really need a comfort book.

7. City of Ruin, #2 in the Witch Walker series by Charissa Weaks--Also did not realize this one is actually out! And I read the first book recently enough--might have to skim it again.

8. In the Serpent's Wake, #2 in the Tess of the Road series by Rachel Hartman--I loved Tess of the Road so much. Again, kind of saving this for a comfort read.

9. The Silvered Serpents, #2 in the Gilded Wolves series by Roshani Chokshi--I read the first one like...five years ago? And looks like the third one is already out too. Oops.

10. Rosewater, #1 in the Wormwood Trilogy by Tade Thompson--My friend recently recommended this to me, and I went to add it to my Goodreads want-to-read shelf--and it was already there!

Comments

Lydia said…
A Prayer for the Crown-Shy was perfect. I hope you love it as much as I did!

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-series-i-should-read-someday/
Michael said…
I read book one of Rosewater and it was a fun ride. I hope you get to it soon.

https://nashvillebookworm.wordpress.com/2022/11/08/top-ten-tuesday-series-i-want-to-catch-up-on/
Astilbe said…
Rose water sure looks interesting.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Books with Single-Word Titles

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at That Artsy Reader Girl! Books with Single-Word Titles These are all my favorite books that I could think of with one-word titles. A lot of fantasy, a few nonfiction (minus subtitles) and Kindred , whether you consider it scifi or historical fiction. Also two portmanteaus using the word "bitter." I suppose it's a word that lends itself to amelioration. 1. Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler 2. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore 3. Fire by Kristin Cashore 4. Heartless by Marissa Meyer 5. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini 6. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius 7. Stoned by Aja Raden (has a subtitle) 8. Educated by Tara Westover 9. Fledgling by Octavia Butler 10. Kindred by Octavia Butler

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Speaking of cultures and society, I leave for Spain on January 9. Instead of continuing as a book blog with a specific goal for number of books to read in a year, Space Station Mir will become a chronicle for my adventures in Spain. Expect a post for each new place that I visit, with pictures! I also plan to continue reviewing books, however I will not make a set goal for number of books to read this year. I do pledge myself to read at least one book in Spanish that was not assigned for a class. In terms of my goals for 2009, I was not diligent enough in keeping track of them. Looking back, I've fulfilled some of them and not others. The greatest trend in my reading this year, which marks a huge deviation for me, is that I've read more non-fiction than I think I've read any other year in my life. I've finally developed the ability to sustain interest in non-fiction other than biographies. For a while, biographies were the only non-fiction I ever read, with the exception

Most Recent Books I Did Not Finish

 I feel like I've been DNFing a fair amount lately, mostly with review books. I feel obligated to read review books longer than I would if they were books I just picked up on my own. That said, I have a caveat in my Book Review Policy  that if I feel I am not the right audience for the book, I won't post a review. I try to avoid that by only picking books I genuinely think I will enjoy, but of course I can't always predict that before I read. Also, while book clubs have been a great way to get exposed to books I wouldn't normally read, tastes will differ and every once in a while, I find a book I'm just not willing to finish. I also want to say no shade to the authors or anyone who enjoyed these books--they just weren't for me. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Most Recent Books I Did Not Finish 1. Caribbean Competitors by Poppy Minnix--LibraryThing review--This one sounded great and has a beautiful cover, but while the island setting was compelling, I just couldn't ge