Skip to main content

Top 10 Series I'd Like to Catch Up On (or Start)

 I have a lot of series I've read with books that recently came out that I want to catch up on, but frankly, feeling a little overwhelmed! With everything I have going on, I'm turning more to TV shows than books, and some of these series/trilogies, I feel like I want to reread the whole series or at least the previous book before I pick up the new ones. Anyway, I am lucky that a lot of long-awaited books have finally, finally come out and they will be there when I am ready!

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at That Artsy Rader Girl!

Top 10 Series I'd Like to Catch Up On (or Start)

1. Dreams Bigger Than Heartbreak, #2 in the Unstoppable series by Charlie Jane Anders!!!!! These first two came to mind immediately because I've been thinking about reading them and love both these authors so much--but I do feel like I have to reread the previous books because I feel like there are so many intricate details, and the Unstoppable series has a huge (amazing...but...huge) cast, since, you know, it is a starship. 

2. Greywaren, #3 in the Dreamer trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater!!!!!!! My friend thinks this one might not be good for Declan though, and he is my favorite, so if she is right, I will be mad. 

3. Station Eternity, #1 in the Midsolar Murders by Mur Lafferty--this is the first book in a brand-new trilogy that just came out, and it looks great!

4. A Prayer for the Crown-Shy, #2 in the Monk & Robot series by Becky Chambers--I had been meaning to read this series forever, and I did read the first one relatively recently so I might not need to reread it again if I get to this one soon. 

5. Yours Cheerfully, #2 in the Emmeline Lake chronicles by AJ Pearce--I definitely did not imagine that the cheery book about an advice columnist on the homefront in the U.K. during WWII would turn into a series, but I'm here for it!

6. Seasparrow, #5 in the Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore--Ok, I did not actually think this one was out yet, but it looks like it came out Oct. 27! I'm so excited and actually I love and reread this series so much, I can probably go straight to this one--though this is one of those ones I might want to wait till I really need a comfort book.

7. City of Ruin, #2 in the Witch Walker series by Charissa Weaks--Also did not realize this one is actually out! And I read the first book recently enough--might have to skim it again.

8. In the Serpent's Wake, #2 in the Tess of the Road series by Rachel Hartman--I loved Tess of the Road so much. Again, kind of saving this for a comfort read.

9. The Silvered Serpents, #2 in the Gilded Wolves series by Roshani Chokshi--I read the first one like...five years ago? And looks like the third one is already out too. Oops.

10. Rosewater, #1 in the Wormwood Trilogy by Tade Thompson--My friend recently recommended this to me, and I went to add it to my Goodreads want-to-read shelf--and it was already there!

Comments

Lydia said…
A Prayer for the Crown-Shy was perfect. I hope you love it as much as I did!

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-series-i-should-read-someday/
Michael said…
I read book one of Rosewater and it was a fun ride. I hope you get to it soon.

https://nashvillebookworm.wordpress.com/2022/11/08/top-ten-tuesday-series-i-want-to-catch-up-on/
Astilbe said…
Rose water sure looks interesting.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Best Books I Read in 2025

 Woof. This was--I guess kind of an average reading year? Mostly good or decent reads, a few mediocre ones or ones that weren't for me. The books I'm including below are the ones I've thought about most this year--particularly The Feather Thief and Better Living Through Birding --it's hard to imagine I only read them in 2025! I guess I'm officially a nonfiction fan now. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Best Books I Read in 2025 Thistlefoot by GennaRose Nethercott--I loved Baba Yaga as a kid and I love this modern, Jewish take on the story The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century by Kirk W. Johnson--I'd recommend this to anyone. Just a fascinating story--I never knew how much I wanted to know about fly-tying and the mystery of dead nineteenth century birds Sunrise on the Reaping by Suzanne Collins--Another gut-wrenching Hunger Games triumph--and maybe unfortunately one more for our times  Lessons in Magic and Disaster by Charlie ...