Skip to main content

Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List

It's already mid-fall, so I've already read some of these, but I imagine I'll finish more before the fall is out! I'm reading quite widely these days--I seem to be reading 3-6 books at any given time, because of book clubs, yes, but also mood, format, and availability. Happy Top Ten Tuesday!

Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List

  1. An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I received this ebook for review from LibraryThing, and I've never been quite so pleased with my choices! This was a hilarious ride from the get-go and crammed full of witchy Goth kid oddities and gore--a perfect Halloween read, and hopefully the beginning of a series!
  2. A Bridesmaid's Guide to Murder by Abigail Scott--Another ebook I received for review from LibraryThing--and whatever it is, books ending in "Guide to Murder" are killing it for me these days! (Let's not look too deep...) I'm not finished, but I'm loving it so far.
  3. Don't Forget to Write by Sara Goodman Confino--A book club read for November--already picked it up from the library and loving it so far! Confino has these wildly confident and feisty female protagonists that I don't really understand but totally love.
  4. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas--That's right, I'm now on the third Throne of Glass book, and I'm hooked. Loving this fast-paced and epic fantasy journey.
  5. On the Hippie Trail: Istanbul to Kathmandu and the Making of a Travel Writer by Rick Steves--Another book club read for November! Looking forward to my nonfiction fix.
  6. When the Angels Left the Old Country by sacha lamb--I've wanted to read this for a while and absolutely savoring it.
  7. Where the Past Begins: A Writer's Memoir by Amy Tan--Finally getting into my TBR backlist!
  8. The Minotaur and the Mage by Cora Crane--Looking forward to the next in this very readable cozy romantasy series.
  9. Rough Pages by Lev A.C. Rosen--The next in the Evander Mills mystery series I can't stop recommending.
  10. The Sins On Their Bones by Laura R. Samotin--Sounds, as well as looks, like a perfect fall read.

Comments

You sound like me, not that interested in reading creepy books!

I listed books I’ve read that involve Halloweenish creatures.
Rosie Amber said…
Don't forget to write sounds like an interesting book.
Ash said…
I haven't read any of these but they all sound interesting!

I hope you have a spooky week and a Happy Halloween! 🎃💀👻

My TTT: https://essentiallyash.blogspot.com/2025/10/top-ten-tuesday-halloweeeeeeen.html

Ash @ Essentially Ash
Want to follow me on Bookstagram, booktok, add my snapchat or check out my photography?
Susan said…
I haven't heard of most of these. I hope you enjoy them!

Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!
I've got An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin on my tbr. Thanks for sharing!
Karis DeHaven said…
I typically find myself reading about the same number of books simultaneously as well! I haven't read any of the books on your list; I hope you enjoy all of them!

Popular posts from this blog

Cozy/Atmospheric Reads

I love this topic for rejoining Top Ten Tuesday!  I'm trying to lean in as much as possible to the coziness of fall and the upcoming winter season. I've done a lot better with that the last few years. Just because it isn't my favorite doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. Plus, some books I'm reading lately that are apropos for the Halloween atmosphere pervading my neighborhood this month at least.  Cozy/Atmospheric Reads Adenashire, a Cozy Fantasy Book Series by J. Penner--These books are the epitome of cozy fantasy with distinctive characters from a variety of creative fantasy backgrounds, including orcs, fennex, and gargoyles. The Bloodstained Key by Charity Rau--Not so cozy, but stiflingly atmospheric--a Gothic novel set inside a fairytale. The Unfortunate Side Effects of Heartbreak and Magic by Breanne Randall--Really captures the cozy atmosphere of a small town and a trove of magical family secrets. An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I don...

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...