Skip to main content

Top Ten Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More

Thank you Top Ten Tuesday, I feel like this is always happening to me!

1. Karen Lord

I read The Best of All Possible Worlds almost two years ago now, and I still need to read Redemption in Indigo. At least I'm not too far behind!

2. Marge Piercy

I really loved Woman on the Edge of Time, I imagine I would enjoy her other works as well.

3. W.G. Sebald

I really enjoyed The Rings of Saturn, have been meaning for years to check out his other work.

4. Elizabeth Gilbert

I found Committed to be a very thoughtful read, and The Signature of All Things is sitting on my shelf. Maybe I'll even get around to Eat, Pray, Love one of these days.

5. Karen Joy Fowler

The Jane Austen Book Club is one of my favorite books, but I wasn't really riveted by the idea of the next couple of books she put out. The latest sounded interesting though.

6. Philip Pullman

Not sure if this counts exactly, since I did read the whole His Dark Materials trilogy, but I haven't read anything after that and I really want to read The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ.

7. Carlos Ruiz Zafon

I read The Shadow of the Wind, but haven't read the other books, though The Angel's Game is in my collection.

8. Catherynne M. Valente

I read the first two Fairyland books, but I need to read her adult novels.

9. Deborah Feldman

Unorthodox was one of my favorite books of 2012, and she just came out with Exodus this year. And-again, yay!-I'm not too far behind.

10. Tanuja Desai Hidier

Until last month, Hidier only had one book out, Born Confused, one of my favorite books of all time, but which I'd long since given up on a sequel to. And then, magic, the end of last month, the sequel came out and I got to see her at the National Book Festival. And Bombay Blues is tucked away until a someday soon when I need it!

Comments

I read Born Confused years ago and liked it. Had no idea she wrote another though. Thanks for the heads up.
Here's my TTT post
-Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Best Books I Read in 2025

 Woof. This was--I guess kind of an average reading year? Mostly good or decent reads, a few mediocre ones or ones that weren't for me. The books I'm including below are the ones I've thought about most this year--particularly The Feather Thief and Better Living Through Birding --it's hard to imagine I only read them in 2025! I guess I'm officially a nonfiction fan now. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Best Books I Read in 2025 Thistlefoot by GennaRose Nethercott--I loved Baba Yaga as a kid and I love this modern, Jewish take on the story The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century by Kirk W. Johnson--I'd recommend this to anyone. Just a fascinating story--I never knew how much I wanted to know about fly-tying and the mystery of dead nineteenth century birds Sunrise on the Reaping by Suzanne Collins--Another gut-wrenching Hunger Games triumph--and maybe unfortunately one more for our times  Lessons in Magic and Disaster by Charlie ...