Skip to main content

Books On my Summer 2021 TBR

 I am really not feeling planned reading lists these days, especially since I have 2 planned reads each month anyway, with my book clubs, so I really like to stay open outside of that. That said, the #Blackout reading post from last year came up as a memory on my Fb, so I was thinking I would like to maybe do that again--buy two books by Black authors from Black-owned bookstores. I wouldn't necessarily read the books in June, but at least buy them and then I might end up reading them too. So, here's a list of books that I know I'll read this summer (aka book club reads) and some I'm interested in reading, and we'll see if I feel like it.

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at That Artsy Reader Girl!

Books On My Summer 2021 TBR



  1. Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater (probably going to reread before Mister Impossible)
  2. Mister Impossible by Maggie Stiefvater
  3. The Girl With the Louding Voice by Abi Dare (book club for June; if I can ever get it out of the library)
  4. Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner (book club for July; excited to read another of her books!)
  5. The Strange Journey of Alice Pendlebury by Marc Levy (Book club for Aug)
  6. Sex Wars by Marge Piercy (recently acquired from Bookmooch)


Comments

I really enjoyed Big Summer. I want to try more by her!

-lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net
Lydia said…
I hope you like all of these books!

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-summer-2021-tbr/
iloveheartlandX said…
I hope you enjoy all of these! I have Mister Impossible but I think I'm going to save it for the autumn.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/06/15/top-ten-tuesday-320/
Lectrice Vorace said…
I know what you mean. I'm not feeling planned reading lists these days either.
Here's a link to my Summer Reading List.
R's Rue said…
I want to read Big Summer. Enjoy.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
I can't wait to read Mister Impossible! Happy reading!

Lauren @ Always Me

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Best Books I Read in 2025

 Woof. This was--I guess kind of an average reading year? Mostly good or decent reads, a few mediocre ones or ones that weren't for me. The books I'm including below are the ones I've thought about most this year--particularly The Feather Thief and Better Living Through Birding --it's hard to imagine I only read them in 2025! I guess I'm officially a nonfiction fan now. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Best Books I Read in 2025 Thistlefoot by GennaRose Nethercott--I loved Baba Yaga as a kid and I love this modern, Jewish take on the story The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century by Kirk W. Johnson--I'd recommend this to anyone. Just a fascinating story--I never knew how much I wanted to know about fly-tying and the mystery of dead nineteenth century birds Sunrise on the Reaping by Suzanne Collins--Another gut-wrenching Hunger Games triumph--and maybe unfortunately one more for our times  Lessons in Magic and Disaster by Charlie ...