Skip to main content

Books I Want for Hanukkah

Happy Top Ten Tuesday!  I don't know if this was on purpose or not, but it was a good week for a freebie. 

It's hard to believe, but Hanukkah starts on Thursday night! So, actually, I'm kind of late getting this out. All I really want for Hanukkah is peace and freedom for all, but books can be small lights of joy in all the darkness. Chag urim sameach to all those who celebrate!

Books I Want for Hanukkah (on Kindle only since I'm trying to save space!)

  1. All Systems Red by Martha Wells (Murderbot Diaries)-I've been meaning to start this series forever, and it sounds like this will be a fun and quick read.
  2. Light from Uncommon Stars by Ryka Aoki-I started reading a sneak peek of this and loved it, but never ended up buying it.
  3. Greywaren by Maggie Stiefvater-It's time to finish the trilogy!
  4. The Cybernetic Tea Shop by Meredith Katz-Found this when I looked up cozy fantasy, my new fav subgenre.
  5. A Coup of Tea by Casey Blair--Cozy fantasy mystery.
  6. Chaos Terminal by Mur Lafferty (Midsolar Murders #2)--Cozy scifi mystery--loved the first book!


Comments

Susan said…
Happy Hanukkah! I hope you get some fun books to read :)

Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!
Lydia said…
Happy Hanukkah! These all sound like good reads.

Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.
Gteywarren is an awesome finale and I can't wait to try Chaos Terminal. Happy Hanukkah!
Peace and light! Peace and light. (I have not left a Blogger comment in so, so very long, hello!)

Popular posts from this blog

Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List

It's already mid-fall, so I've already read some of these, but I imagine I'll finish more before the fall is out! I'm reading quite widely these days--I seem to be reading 3-6 books at any given time, because of book clubs, yes, but also mood, format, and availability. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I received this ebook for review from LibraryThing, and I've never been quite so pleased with my choices! This was a hilarious ride from the get-go and crammed full of witchy Goth kid oddities and gore--a perfect Halloween read, and hopefully the beginning of a series! A Bridesmaid's Guide to Murder by Abigail Scott--Another ebook I received for review from LibraryThing--and whatever it is, books ending in "Guide to Murder" are killing it for me these days! (Let's not look too deep...) I'm not finished, but I'm loving it so far. Don't Forget to Write by Sara Go...

Cozy/Atmospheric Reads

I love this topic for rejoining Top Ten Tuesday!  I'm trying to lean in as much as possible to the coziness of fall and the upcoming winter season. I've done a lot better with that the last few years. Just because it isn't my favorite doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. Plus, some books I'm reading lately that are apropos for the Halloween atmosphere pervading my neighborhood this month at least.  Cozy/Atmospheric Reads Adenashire, a Cozy Fantasy Book Series by J. Penner--These books are the epitome of cozy fantasy with distinctive characters from a variety of creative fantasy backgrounds, including orcs, fennex, and gargoyles. The Bloodstained Key by Charity Rau--Not so cozy, but stiflingly atmospheric--a Gothic novel set inside a fairytale. The Unfortunate Side Effects of Heartbreak and Magic by Breanne Randall--Really captures the cozy atmosphere of a small town and a trove of magical family secrets. An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I don...

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...