Skip to main content

Books Read in March 2025

For whatever reason, March has been a busy month for me the past several years (except 2020-2021 for obvious reasons). I finished the first two books on a trip I took at the beginning of the month. The rest are all quick or book-club reads crowded in on nights and weekends. This is what's getting me through.

Books Read in March 2025
  1.  The Fire Apprentice by Jane Buehler (Sylvania #5)-Read my review here. TL: DR; Highly recommend to readers of romance and cozy fantasy!
  2. UnSweetined by Jodie Sweetin (Book club read)--Interesting celebrity memoir as someone who grew up watching Full House--this is really more of a confession that Sweetin wrote to keep her honest and accountable about her addiction problems, but I'd recommend it if you similarly are interested in her and Full House. 
  3. The Forest Bride by Jane Buehler (Sylvania #1)--Decided to finally read the first book in the cozy fantasy Sylvania series! Just as delightful as all the other ones, with an endearing mix of fantasy world setting and contemporary sensibilities. Highly recommend this series for lovers of romance and cozy fantasy, and I love that they can be read as a series or standalones!
  4. Talk Flirty to Me by Livy Hart--A romance e-book that popped up on Kindle Unlimited--this one's a quick read. I love the concept of a romance between two audiobook narrators--and the sections of the audiobook itself are hilarious--a  ridiculously filthy hyperbole of a romantasy that must have been fun to write. Otherwise, the rest of the book is tropey and sometimes downright weird--there's an absolutely unnecessary number of children in the female protag's family--but it gets the job done.
  5. Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood--A friend recommended Hazelwood's books as easy romance reads and gave me this one. It was such a quick, fun read--utterly predictable and I don't love the mean male protag is secretly nice trope--but I loved the neuroscience part, which I don't usually get to see in romance or honestly other fiction (the author has a PhD in neuroscience), and predictability is frankly very comforting right now. 
  6. Better Living Through Birding by Christian Cooper (Another book club read)--Just a delightful read--I loved both the birding and memoir aspects, though if you're going into it for birding, it's more of a memoir--but he's lived such a fascinating life--created Star Trek's first gay character! worked for Marvel!--it's worth it.
  7. Love, Lies, and Lunar New Year by Grace Tang (LibraryThing review)--The first Lunar New Year romance novel I've read. I enjoyed the sweet and friendly relationship that arises between the protags when they're fake dating, a refreshing break from enemies-to-lovers banter. Romance seems a natural transition, except for the very real tensions caused by their respective families. My favorite part of the book was Lily's reptile rescue and how that tied in with Lunar New Year being the year of the snake (and also Lily is a snake and Charles is a dragon). I could absolutely see this being a hit movie.

Comments

Lydia said…
I think it’s cool you blog about what you read every month. My reading rates varies a lot with the weather, so if it’s nice outside I might only read just a few books versus 12+ books in another month that’s really hot, cold, or stormy outside!
@Lydia--that's interesting--I haven't really tracked it, but I think I might read more in bad weather too.

Popular posts from this blog

Books I Loved But Never Reviewed

 Reviewed is a strong word. I've mostly stopped doing formal book reviews except for author requests and/or when I feel like it, but I usually give some description and or opinions of books I'm reading, usually multiple times, through weekly and monthly wrap-ups. I do find that it' s more difficult to review my absolute favorite books than books I either disliked or engaged with strongly on an intellectual rather than emotional level. For example, I rarely review poetry beyond "I loved it'" or "Meh." It's much easier to explain criticism of vocabulary usage or a plot device than explain how the book felt like a snug little snow globe. So, for this Top Ten Tuesday , I'm listing books that I loved, didn't give a formal review, and (I think) didn't discuss too much.  Books I Loved But Never Reviewed A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman We Are Okay by Nina LaCour The Broken Earth Trilogy by N.K. J...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at the Broke and the Bookish! I had to go back to my anticipated books of 2015 to remember this! Looks like the winners are: 1. The Mechanical by Ian Tregellis 2. Get in Trouble by Kelly Link 3. The Boy Who Lost Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente 4. Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear 5. Armada by Ernest Cline 6. The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin