Skip to main content

Top Ten Books You'd Be a Fool Not to Listen to On Audio

 I'm starting this (very) late, so I'm borrowing Jana's exact topic over at That Artsy Reader Girl. Like Jana, I'm not a huge fan of pranks, but I am a huge fan of books and spring! We are all certainly April's fools now, with the weather we've been having.

Top Ten Five Books You'd Be a Fool Not to Listen to On Audio

  1. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah--He narrates it himself, and it is just so laugh out loud funny. If you like his stand-up or are interested in what growing up in South Africa was like, this is a great one.
  2. Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield--The narrator is lovely, and the book lends itself to oral storytelling.
  3. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss--A lot of songs and the protagonist is so theatrical, the audiobook just makes sense. However, I do generally steer away from epic fantasy on audio and listened to this after I had already read the book, so YMMV.
  4. Better Living Through Birding by Christian Cooper--The author narrates and it makes so much sense in his mild-mannered voice, plus there are birdcalls between every chapter!
  5. Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham--She narrates! Enough said.

Comments

Lydia said…
Oh, this is a fun list! I like audiobooks and am always on the lookout for good ones.
Born a Crime made my list too! I love that book.

Popular posts from this blog

Books I Loved But Never Reviewed

 Reviewed is a strong word. I've mostly stopped doing formal book reviews except for author requests and/or when I feel like it, but I usually give some description and or opinions of books I'm reading, usually multiple times, through weekly and monthly wrap-ups. I do find that it' s more difficult to review my absolute favorite books than books I either disliked or engaged with strongly on an intellectual rather than emotional level. For example, I rarely review poetry beyond "I loved it'" or "Meh." It's much easier to explain criticism of vocabulary usage or a plot device than explain how the book felt like a snug little snow globe. So, for this Top Ten Tuesday , I'm listing books that I loved, didn't give a formal review, and (I think) didn't discuss too much.  Books I Loved But Never Reviewed A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman We Are Okay by Nina LaCour The Broken Earth Trilogy by N.K. J...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at the Broke and the Bookish! I had to go back to my anticipated books of 2015 to remember this! Looks like the winners are: 1. The Mechanical by Ian Tregellis 2. Get in Trouble by Kelly Link 3. The Boy Who Lost Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente 4. Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear 5. Armada by Ernest Cline 6. The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin