Skip to main content
Question(s) Do you own multiple copies of any book? What are they? Why do you have multiple copies?

My Answer:

I do own multiple copies of multiple books. Most notably, I own two or three copies of every Jane Austen book. Why? Good question, bit of a long story. First, my parents own a copy of Pride and Prejudice, which is the copy I read when I read it for the first time. Then, I decided I wanted my own copy, so I bought one. Additionally, I more recently discovered a copy of Pride and Prejudice that I think came from my elementary school library. Oops. As for the other books, I bought my own copies of Sense and Sensibility, Emma, and Persuasion and stole my mother's copy of Mansfield Park. Then came college. I bought Northanger Abbey for an eighteenth-century lit class. The next summer, I took a Jane Austen course, and we were required to have a pack of the Norton editions of every book. In sum, I've ended up with 3-4 copies of P&P and two of all the rest.

Comments

redhead said…
fun topic! While we don't currently (as far as I know) own duplicates of anything, when my other half and I got our first apartment and blended our book collections, we found that between the two of us we owned 3 or 4 copies of every Dune book, and most of the Asimov Robot and Foundation books.
I guess that's when you know it's right!
Marie Cloutier said…
Definitely. I have many copies of JANE EYRE; I have the Everyman's edition and the annotated edition of LOLITA and I have reading copies and first editions of several Booker Prize winners. And English and French versions of Proust, Baudelaire and Paul Eluard. So yeah!

Popular posts from this blog

Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List

It's already mid-fall, so I've already read some of these, but I imagine I'll finish more before the fall is out! I'm reading quite widely these days--I seem to be reading 3-6 books at any given time, because of book clubs, yes, but also mood, format, and availability. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I received this ebook for review from LibraryThing, and I've never been quite so pleased with my choices! This was a hilarious ride from the get-go and crammed full of witchy Goth kid oddities and gore--a perfect Halloween read, and hopefully the beginning of a series! A Bridesmaid's Guide to Murder by Abigail Scott--Another ebook I received for review from LibraryThing--and whatever it is, books ending in "Guide to Murder" are killing it for me these days! (Let's not look too deep...) I'm not finished, but I'm loving it so far. Don't Forget to Write by Sara Go...

Cozy/Atmospheric Reads

I love this topic for rejoining Top Ten Tuesday!  I'm trying to lean in as much as possible to the coziness of fall and the upcoming winter season. I've done a lot better with that the last few years. Just because it isn't my favorite doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. Plus, some books I'm reading lately that are apropos for the Halloween atmosphere pervading my neighborhood this month at least.  Cozy/Atmospheric Reads Adenashire, a Cozy Fantasy Book Series by J. Penner--These books are the epitome of cozy fantasy with distinctive characters from a variety of creative fantasy backgrounds, including orcs, fennex, and gargoyles. The Bloodstained Key by Charity Rau--Not so cozy, but stiflingly atmospheric--a Gothic novel set inside a fairytale. The Unfortunate Side Effects of Heartbreak and Magic by Breanne Randall--Really captures the cozy atmosphere of a small town and a trove of magical family secrets. An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I don...

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...