Skip to main content

Top Ten Most Anticipated Books Arriving in the First Half of 2020

Happy Top Ten Tuesday at That Artsy Reader Girl!

Top Ten Five Most Anticipated Books Arriving in the First Half of 2020


1. The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel-Mar. 2020

I loved Station Eleven, and this one intrigues me. Also, everyone seems to have an ARC of it, and I'm so jealous!

2. The Empire of Dreams by Rae Carson-April 2020

I loved the Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy and I'm excited for another novel set in that universe!

3. We Ride Upon Sticks by Quan Barry-Mar. 2020

A girls' field hockey team turns into witches? I need to read this.

4. The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin-Mar. 2020

Everything N.K. Jemisin writes gets better and better. Plus. I've already read the shirt story I'm pretty sure this is based on.

5. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins-May 2020

HUNGER GAMES. 'Nuff said.

Annnd that's it, because I want to focus on rereads and old TBRs and books I already own or can readily get at the library this year, but can't help being excited about this bunch.

Comments

Lydia said…
The City We Became was also on my list.

My TTT .
The Glass Hotel made my list as well! Happy Reading!

My TTT
Judy Krueger said…
For sure I will read some of those, though I too am working on rereads and older books.

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Best Books I Read in 2025

 Woof. This was--I guess kind of an average reading year? Mostly good or decent reads, a few mediocre ones or ones that weren't for me. The books I'm including below are the ones I've thought about most this year--particularly The Feather Thief and Better Living Through Birding --it's hard to imagine I only read them in 2025! I guess I'm officially a nonfiction fan now. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Best Books I Read in 2025 Thistlefoot by GennaRose Nethercott--I loved Baba Yaga as a kid and I love this modern, Jewish take on the story The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century by Kirk W. Johnson--I'd recommend this to anyone. Just a fascinating story--I never knew how much I wanted to know about fly-tying and the mystery of dead nineteenth century birds Sunrise on the Reaping by Suzanne Collins--Another gut-wrenching Hunger Games triumph--and maybe unfortunately one more for our times  Lessons in Magic and Disaster by Charlie ...