Skip to main content

Favorite Places to Read

 This one feels a little ironic since I've rarely left my house in the past year and a half, and in all that time, not to go somewhere and read. In my house, I mostly read on the couch, occasionally in the armchair or in bed. I wouldn't really describe any of those as "favorite" so much as convenient though. There's one place I can think of in my house to read that I do regard as special, and I've written about it below. Otherwise, I've come up with some places from my past or imagined future :-)

Favorite Places to Read

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at that Artsy Reader Girl!

1. Outside on my back steps, at night

2. Outside on a picnic table at camp

3. By the pool/lake/ocean

4. By myself in a coffee shop or restaurant

5. Window seat in a back stairwell

6. My future awesome window seat (Left, image from Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/pin/358388082839001478/)

7. At a carrel in the library

8. In an armchair at the library or bookstore

9. In a hotel room

10. Near my husband



Comments

Lydia said…
I miss coffee shops so much! Most of them haven’t reopened here in Toronto yet.

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-places-to-read-2
Pam said…
A great list! Window seats are great! I have a bay window that I will sit in sometimes to read. At the moment, though, it's full of craft supplies and plants.

When you get the chance, I hope you stop by my post: https://readbakecreate.com/10-books-with-travel-locations-in-their-title/
R's Rue said…
I love reading in a coffeeshop with a coffee and pastry with me.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
My husband is always trying to talk me into building a window seat in our dining room for reading. Maybe one day I will. I hope you build your ideal window seat and that you enjoy it very much.
Lectrice Vorace said…
I spent a lot of time reading at carrel desks... It's a place I haven't seen on many lists this week.

Here's my TTT list.

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Best Books I Read in 2025

 Woof. This was--I guess kind of an average reading year? Mostly good or decent reads, a few mediocre ones or ones that weren't for me. The books I'm including below are the ones I've thought about most this year--particularly The Feather Thief and Better Living Through Birding --it's hard to imagine I only read them in 2025! I guess I'm officially a nonfiction fan now. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Best Books I Read in 2025 Thistlefoot by GennaRose Nethercott--I loved Baba Yaga as a kid and I love this modern, Jewish take on the story The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century by Kirk W. Johnson--I'd recommend this to anyone. Just a fascinating story--I never knew how much I wanted to know about fly-tying and the mystery of dead nineteenth century birds Sunrise on the Reaping by Suzanne Collins--Another gut-wrenching Hunger Games triumph--and maybe unfortunately one more for our times  Lessons in Magic and Disaster by Charlie ...