Skip to main content

Books on My Spring 2022 TBR

These have gotten a lot easier since joining book clubs! I still had to look up a few more though to see what else is coming out--there've been a couple of recent and upcoming new releases that I'm very excited about but waiting until I have time to read, since the book club reads have to come first. Happy Purim and happy St. Patrick's Day to those celebrating this week!

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at That Artsy Reader Girl!


Books on My Spring 2022 TBR

  1. The German House by Annette Hess (Book club read for April)--I know, it made me think of The Dutch House too, but this is a totally different book, about the Frankfurt trials for SS personnel involved in Auschwitz, which took place in the 1960s. I didn't know about this, and I avoid Holocaust books these days since I've already read so many, but this sounds different, so it might be interesting. It's also originally written in German, translated to English.
  2. This Time Next Year We'll Be Laughing by Jacqueline Winspear (other book club read for March)--I've already got this memoir out of the library but haven't started yet. Hope it's funny!
  3. In the Serpent's Wake by Rachel Hartman--I absolutely loved Tess of the Road, so I'm heavily anticipating an equally poignant sequel!
  4. Dreams Bigger Than Heartbreak by Charlie Jane Anders--I love everything by CJA but also highly anticipating the fun thrilling sequel to the adventure-driven YA space opera Victories Greater Than Death
  5. The Witch Collector by Charissa Weaks--my husband found this on one of my want-to-read lists and bought it for me for Valentine's Day so now I can read it!
  6. What to Miss When by Leigh Stein--one of the only books I still have left to read from the Hanukkah books my parents bought from my Hanukkah want-to-read list. 
  7. You've Been Volunteered by Laurie Gelman (Book club read for May)--the members of this book club really enjoyed her other books, so I'm looking forward to a humorous read.



Comments

Lydia said…
The Witch Collector sounds really good!

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-spring-2022-tbr/

Popular posts from this blog

Books I Loved But Never Reviewed

 Reviewed is a strong word. I've mostly stopped doing formal book reviews except for author requests and/or when I feel like it, but I usually give some description and or opinions of books I'm reading, usually multiple times, through weekly and monthly wrap-ups. I do find that it' s more difficult to review my absolute favorite books than books I either disliked or engaged with strongly on an intellectual rather than emotional level. For example, I rarely review poetry beyond "I loved it'" or "Meh." It's much easier to explain criticism of vocabulary usage or a plot device than explain how the book felt like a snug little snow globe. So, for this Top Ten Tuesday , I'm listing books that I loved, didn't give a formal review, and (I think) didn't discuss too much.  Books I Loved But Never Reviewed A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman We Are Okay by Nina LaCour The Broken Earth Trilogy by N.K. J...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Books That Conjure Up Happy Memories

Happy Top Ten Tuesday!  I'm trying to get back in the swing. This one is asking for a bit more work than usual since I can't just pull up Goodreads, which I've only had as an adult. I do still have some of these on the shelves at least. Books That Conjure Up Happy Memories  The Source by James Michener-- Going to Barnes & Noble with my grandpa who wanted to pick out this book for me since he thought I would enjoy it (he was right) Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares--My friend lending me the first 2 books at camp The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis--Reading these aloud with my dad The books by she who must not be named--Reading these aloud with my brother A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle--Finding this in the children's section of a library I went to as a kid The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler--Reading this as a kid, teaching it as an adult, and sharing with other adults who appreciated it in one of my book clubs Last Day on M...