Skip to main content

Bookish Goals for 2025 and How I Did on 2024 Goals

 I posted my Bookish and Not So Bookish Goals for 2024 last year. I accomplished a lot of them! First, I'll review how I did on my goals from 2024, and then I'll share my goals for 2025.

Bookish Goals for 2024

  1. Read 42 books--I again wanted to go a little easy on myself, but feeling up to this since my goal last year was 36 and I read 48. Well, I read 90 books in 2024, mission accomplished!
  2. Read 11 (25%) books by authors of color, from this specific list (below)--I haven't been doing well with this goal in the past, so instead of the more vague "25%" goal, I'm defining 25% of my reading goal and actually creating a list of books I want to read that fit this criteria to choose from. If you're interested, my list below includes books that have been on my TBR awhile, including some literally on my shelves. I read 13 books by authors of color, some of which were from the included list but most were not. 
  3. Read and review all the books I've accepted for review from 2023 (and any I accept in 2024)--I have a few more books that I accepted for review in 2023 that I need to finish, and once those are done, I'm open to accepting a few more reviews for 2024. I did this! Now I'm continuously reviewing books, so I've still got some to review for 2025 but I'm on track!
  4. Read 2 books by women in translation, from this specific list (below)--Again, I didn't complete this goal last year, but I did get some great recommendations in blog comments and elsewhere (one of which I started reading and then had to return to the library! 😞), so I'm using a specific list to complete the goal this year. If you're interested, I've included the list below. I read three including a translation by a woman and a woman who translated her own novel into English. 

Not So Bookish Goals for 2024

  1. Finish Draft 2 of my novel--I've been working on this (the second draft) since NaNoWriMo 2023! Finished!
  2. Get feedback and comments on my draft from early readers and editors Working on this now!
  3. Write query letters (and maybe send them to agents--if I have 2 polished-enough chapters) Didn't get to this yet--probably this year!
  4. Keep writing poems and stories--and submit some more of them Did this!
  5. Use fun and colorful pens, tabs, and stickers as much as possible--Meg Keene reminded me that you can have fun goals too, and my husband got me a colorful set of Le Pens for Hanukkah! Did this--my husband couldn't believe that I'd used up a lot of the pens and needed a new set this Hanukkah!
Bookish Goals for 2025
  1. Read 52 books.--I still don't want to overburden myself and take the fun out of reading. I think 52 books is achievable and anything else will be gravy.
  2. Read at least 14 books by authors of color.--13 books would be 25% of 52 so I decided to add another for luck and in case I end up surpassing my overall reading goal again.
  3. Read and review all of the books I have accepted or will accept for review this year.--There are a few ARCs I'm very excited about and hoping to get this year!
  4. Read at least 3 books by women in translation--I've already read one!

Comments

All of these goals sound doable. I wish you well in 2025!
Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
https://readbakecreate.com/goals-for-2025-book-and-blog-goals/
Lydia said…
I’m cheering you on! You can make these goals. :)
Thank you @Pam and @Lydia!
Susan said…
Wow, you did great on your 2024 goals! Good luck with your new ones.

Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!
Lindsi said…
I really need to tackle my physical TBR and NetGalley ratio! Good luck with your goals this year. :)

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Books I Loved But Never Reviewed

 Reviewed is a strong word. I've mostly stopped doing formal book reviews except for author requests and/or when I feel like it, but I usually give some description and or opinions of books I'm reading, usually multiple times, through weekly and monthly wrap-ups. I do find that it' s more difficult to review my absolute favorite books than books I either disliked or engaged with strongly on an intellectual rather than emotional level. For example, I rarely review poetry beyond "I loved it'" or "Meh." It's much easier to explain criticism of vocabulary usage or a plot device than explain how the book felt like a snug little snow globe. So, for this Top Ten Tuesday , I'm listing books that I loved, didn't give a formal review, and (I think) didn't discuss too much.  Books I Loved But Never Reviewed A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman We Are Okay by Nina LaCour The Broken Earth Trilogy by N.K. J...