Skip to main content

Books On My Summer 2025 To-Read List

Unfortunately, I missed posting yesterday, but I still wanted to get this out. I'm really excited for summer reading this year! I've been on a reading roll lately, and I'm excited about a lot of books that are coming out this summer or summer-related books that are already out. It's also finally time where I can spend a lot of time sitting and reading outside, which I enjoy every summer. 

Books On My Summer 2025 To-Read List

  1. The Best Advice by Amy Dressler, Publication Date: July 8, 2025--Last year, I reviewed Dressler's Align the Stars, a modern retelling of Much Ado About Nothing, which I enjoyed, and I'm excited to review the eARC for this one ahead of the publication date. I already love its spin on As You Like It.
  2. Lessons in Magic and Disaster by Charlie Jane Anders, Publication Date: August 19, 2025--Already preordered this sure to be amazing and poignant book from one of my favorite authors. Might even get an ARC if the stars align.
  3. All the Way to the River by Elizabeth Gilbert, Publication Date: September 9, 2025--As her legions of fans know, Gilbert's writing, especially her memoirs, are so insightful and relatable. I can't wait to read this one, even though I know my heart will break.
  4. Atmosphere by Taylor Jenkins Reid--All her books have been hugely popular, but none of the premises grabbed me until this one, which just came out. Women in space, here we come!
  5. Problematic Summer Romance by Ali Hazelwood--Ok, this premise I hate, but it's summery, and I know I'll want to keep reading Hazelwood even if I don't totally like it.
  6. The Summer We Ran by Audrey Ingram--New summery release, and color me intrigued by the second chance romance vibes.
  7. Lies and Weddings by Kevin Kwan--The king of juicy summer romance.
  8. The Satyr in Bungalow D by Joyce Wadler--I am both intrigued and scared by the prospect of a satyr romance at a Jewish summer resort a la Dirty Dancing...
  9. How About Now; Poems by Kate Baer--I love all her poems that I've read and need to just buy one of her books already; I listened to an interview about this one and am interested.
  10. Dear Writer by Maggie Smith--I know I will love this, since I loved all the writing advice in her newsletter, that I used to subscribe to and will hopefully someday again.

Comments

Lydia said…
I’m curious about The Summer We Ran.
Susan said…
Enjoy your summer reading!

Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!
Let me know what you thought if you read it first!
Thanks! 😉You too!

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy/Atmospheric Reads

I love this topic for rejoining Top Ten Tuesday!  I'm trying to lean in as much as possible to the coziness of fall and the upcoming winter season. I've done a lot better with that the last few years. Just because it isn't my favorite doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. Plus, some books I'm reading lately that are apropos for the Halloween atmosphere pervading my neighborhood this month at least.  Cozy/Atmospheric Reads Adenashire, a Cozy Fantasy Book Series by J. Penner--These books are the epitome of cozy fantasy with distinctive characters from a variety of creative fantasy backgrounds, including orcs, fennex, and gargoyles. The Bloodstained Key by Charity Rau--Not so cozy, but stiflingly atmospheric--a Gothic novel set inside a fairytale. The Unfortunate Side Effects of Heartbreak and Magic by Breanne Randall--Really captures the cozy atmosphere of a small town and a trove of magical family secrets. An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I don...

Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List

It's already mid-fall, so I've already read some of these, but I imagine I'll finish more before the fall is out! I'm reading quite widely these days--I seem to be reading 3-6 books at any given time, because of book clubs, yes, but also mood, format, and availability. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Books On My Fall 2025 To-Read List An Amateur Witch's Guide to Murder by K. Valentin--I received this ebook for review from LibraryThing, and I've never been quite so pleased with my choices! This was a hilarious ride from the get-go and crammed full of witchy Goth kid oddities and gore--a perfect Halloween read, and hopefully the beginning of a series! A Bridesmaid's Guide to Murder by Abigail Scott--Another ebook I received for review from LibraryThing--and whatever it is, books ending in "Guide to Murder" are killing it for me these days! (Let's not look too deep...) I'm not finished, but I'm loving it so far. Don't Forget to Write by Sara Go...