Skip to main content

Top Ten Favorite Book Blogs/Bookish Sites

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at That Artsy Reader Girl!

Top Ten Favorite Book Blogs/Bookish Sites

I'm excited to share my favorites and see all of yours too! There are so many great book blogs and bookish sites out there!

1. Tor.com

Tor has my favorite bookish newsletter. I love their book recs, articles on important SFF topics, and ongoing commentary on SFF TV and movies, like the new Picard Star Trek!

2. JewishBookCouncil.org

I subscribe to their newsletter and love their 'Visiting Scribes' articles, by authors with recently published books. They also introduce me to a lot of Jewish interest books I might never have found on my own.

3. Electric Literature

I actually found Electric Literature on Facebook, mostly when they have grabby headlines like The Secret Origins of Amy March or other bookish candy clickbait. They also publish some really hard-hitting and insightful looks at the literary zeitgeist, like We Need to Start Taking Young Women's Love Stories Seriously

4. BookRiot

BookRiot has a lot of fun content, and I read a lot of their book recs and lists, like the 45 Best Feminist YA Books

5. Modern Mrs. Darcy

I'm a fan of Modern Mrs. Darcy's posts about books, life, and especially  "Links I Love," often on bookish/writerly topics. 

6. The Perpetual Page Turner

I love Jamie's chatty and cozy posts, like the recurring "If We were Having Coffee."

7. That Artsy Reader Girl

I've been enjoying getting to know Jana's personal book blog, outside of the Broke and the Bookish and Top Ten Tuesdays. I especially enjoy the interviews with new authors, like this one!

8. Biblibio

I've enjoyed Biblibio's reviews for many years, and I've especially enjoyed the #WITMonth (Women In Translation) posts the past few years, like this most recent one!

9. Fantasy Cafe

I've also followed Fantasy Cafe's Leaning Piles of Books for many years, and especially Women in SFF Month guest posts, like one from Elizabeth Bear!

10. GoodReads

I'm late to the party on Goodreads, and I don't love everything about it, but it's got solid book-counting and tagging tools, a decent newsletter, and avenues for bookish discussion. I count on it for crowdsourced, volume-heavy reviews.

Comments

Goodreads made my list this week too.

Here's a link to my TTT post this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/08/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-book.html
I love reading Tor.com. :) Great choices!

Check out my TTT and celebrate my blogoversary with a giveaway
I don’t know what I’d do without Goodreads. I need it to manage my out-of-control reading life.

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Best Books I Read in 2025

 Woof. This was--I guess kind of an average reading year? Mostly good or decent reads, a few mediocre ones or ones that weren't for me. The books I'm including below are the ones I've thought about most this year--particularly The Feather Thief and Better Living Through Birding --it's hard to imagine I only read them in 2025! I guess I'm officially a nonfiction fan now. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Best Books I Read in 2025 Thistlefoot by GennaRose Nethercott--I loved Baba Yaga as a kid and I love this modern, Jewish take on the story The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century by Kirk W. Johnson--I'd recommend this to anyone. Just a fascinating story--I never knew how much I wanted to know about fly-tying and the mystery of dead nineteenth century birds Sunrise on the Reaping by Suzanne Collins--Another gut-wrenching Hunger Games triumph--and maybe unfortunately one more for our times  Lessons in Magic and Disaster by Charlie ...