Skip to main content

Books I've Added to My TBR and Forgotten Why

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at That Artsy Reader Girl!

I'm constantly adding to my TBR, but if I take a moment to reread the summary, I usually remember why I've added a particular book, whether it's the latest YA fantasy, corresponding to my interests in food history, or lately, joining the national work on anti-racism. So, here, I'm listing some books that have been on my TBR a while and I don't immediately know why from the titles. Please let me know if you've read any of these and would recommend them!


Books I've Added to My TBR and Forgotten Why


  1. The Bachelorette Party by Karen Lutz
  2. Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis
  3. StarCrossed by Elizabeth Bunce
  4. You Don't Look Your Age: And Other Fairy Tales by Sheila Nevins
  5. You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon
  6. The Tea Master and the Detective by Aliette de Bodard
  7. Quietus by Tristan Palmgren
  8. The Old Drift by Namwali Serpell
  9. Park Avenue Summer by Renee Rosen
  10. Don't Tell Me Not to Ask Why: Poetry Prose by Samantha King Holmes

Comments

Lydia said…
Given to the Sea has such a gorgeous cover!

My TTT .
Marg said…
I don't know any of these!
Susan said…
Same. I'm always adding books to my TBR lists on Goodreads. Just going by the title or book cover, I might not remember why I added it, but if I read the summary, I can usually spot favorite tropes or a familiar author, etc.

I haven't read any of these, although I have an ARC of GIVEN TO THE SEA around here somewhere that I never got around to reading.

Happy TTT!

Susan
www.blogginboutbooks.com
@Lydia Yes, I love the cover, no idea what's in it tho since I didn't look it up for this post!

@Susan You'll have to let me know about Given to the Sea when you read i!
Lectrice Vorace said…
Great list! I also usually remember why I've added books to my TBR.

My TTT list!

Danyelle said…
Great list! Here is my TTT.
https://dmhoisington.wordpress.com/2020/06/09/top-ten-tuesday-5/comment-page-1/#comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Best Books I Read in 2025

 Woof. This was--I guess kind of an average reading year? Mostly good or decent reads, a few mediocre ones or ones that weren't for me. The books I'm including below are the ones I've thought about most this year--particularly The Feather Thief and Better Living Through Birding --it's hard to imagine I only read them in 2025! I guess I'm officially a nonfiction fan now. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Best Books I Read in 2025 Thistlefoot by GennaRose Nethercott--I loved Baba Yaga as a kid and I love this modern, Jewish take on the story The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century by Kirk W. Johnson--I'd recommend this to anyone. Just a fascinating story--I never knew how much I wanted to know about fly-tying and the mystery of dead nineteenth century birds Sunrise on the Reaping by Suzanne Collins--Another gut-wrenching Hunger Games triumph--and maybe unfortunately one more for our times  Lessons in Magic and Disaster by Charlie ...