Skip to main content

Books On My Spring 2024 TBR

I'm on a great roll with the books I'm reading for book clubs and review--looking forward to all of these, and at least the first one feels somewhat spring-like. Happy Top Ten Tuesday!

 Books On My Spring 2024 TBR

  1. Elephants in Bloom by Cécile Cristofari (LibraryThing Early Reviewers)--Started this collection of SFF short stories--the first one had more of a surrealist feel, like a Karen Russell story. I know I'm going to savor these!
  2. People Love Dead Jews by Dara Horn (Book club read)--I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get through this but although the content is upsetting, it's also thoughtful and sometimes empowering, so I'm going to slowly push through.
  3. The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman (Other book club read)--One of my book clubs is reading this, so I'll finally get to see what all the hype is about!
  4. The Mostly True Story of Tanner and Louise (Yet another book club read)
  5. The Bloodstained Key by Charity Rau (LibraryThing Early Reviewers)--Bluebeard retelling!
  6. King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo--Got it on Kindle Unlimited, and my subscription is about to run out!
  7. The Exception to the Rule by Christina Lauren--Romance novella rec'd by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl--should be a quick read, also checked out from Kindle Unlimited.
  8. Poetry--A few collections I'm interested in include unalone by Jessica Jacobs, And Yet by Kate Baer, and Homie by Danez Smith
  9. Black Sails to Sunward by Sheila Jenné--Lesbian pirate novel I bought a while ago on a Kindle sale--one of the many Kindle sales I really want to read!
  10. Keep This Off the Record by Arden Joy--Queer Jewish Much Ado About Nothing retelling, so basically a fun book that was written just for me. 

Comments

Kingdom of Scars is excellent. Enjoy!
This looks like a nice mix of books to read for the spring. I hope you love them all.
Laurie said…
Ohhhh be prepared for the ending of King of Scars... Not gonna say more! I hope you will ejjoy The Thursday Murder Club, it happened not to be for me.

My TTT: https://laurieisreading.com/2024/03/19/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-spring-2024-tbr/
I always make a goal to read more poetry, but then I never do it. I hope you love all these!

Popular posts from this blog

Books I Loved But Never Reviewed

 Reviewed is a strong word. I've mostly stopped doing formal book reviews except for author requests and/or when I feel like it, but I usually give some description and or opinions of books I'm reading, usually multiple times, through weekly and monthly wrap-ups. I do find that it' s more difficult to review my absolute favorite books than books I either disliked or engaged with strongly on an intellectual rather than emotional level. For example, I rarely review poetry beyond "I loved it'" or "Meh." It's much easier to explain criticism of vocabulary usage or a plot device than explain how the book felt like a snug little snow globe. So, for this Top Ten Tuesday , I'm listing books that I loved, didn't give a formal review, and (I think) didn't discuss too much.  Books I Loved But Never Reviewed A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman We Are Okay by Nina LaCour The Broken Earth Trilogy by N.K. J...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at the Broke and the Bookish! I had to go back to my anticipated books of 2015 to remember this! Looks like the winners are: 1. The Mechanical by Ian Tregellis 2. Get in Trouble by Kelly Link 3. The Boy Who Lost Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente 4. Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear 5. Armada by Ernest Cline 6. The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin