Skip to main content

Books That Give Off Summer Vibes

Happy Top Ten Tuesday over at That Artsy Reader Girl!

It's hard to believe it's already summer, but it certainly feels like it over here! There's plenty of new and old books giving off those warm, summery, sunscreen-y vibes.

Books That Give Off Summer Vibes
  1. Beach Read by Emily Henry
  2. Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner
  3. Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
  4. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
  5. Whiskey in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon
  6. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
  7. 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand
  8. Strangers and Cousins by Leah Hager Cohen (a summer wedding)
  9. Save Me the Plums by Ruth Reichl ( I read this sitting by the pool last summer)
  10. Empire of Sand by Tasha Suri

A good few of these I haven't read, but I feel like everybody's talking about these as we gear up for summer reading. Summer Sisters, which I read for the first time recently, certainly fits the bill, and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is a summer oldie but goodie. 

Comments

Greg said…
Beach Read does look like a lot of fun! I love a good summery type read.
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants seems to be getting a lot of love this week!
Thanks for sharing!

My TTT is here https://bookloverssanctuary.com/2020/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-have-a-summer-vibe/
Beach Read is on my TBR right now. I can’t wait to read them all.
Here’s mine http://bookwormsanonymous.blog/2020/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-summer-romances/
Marg said…
I can see why you had Crawdads on your list.
Lydia said…
Beach Read sounds fun.

My TTT .
iloveheartlandX said…
Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants was on my list this week too!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-266/
Astilbe said…
Whiskey in a Teacup is such an evocative title! I love it (and I don't even drink alcohol. LOL).

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.
Danyelle said…
Great list. I need to finish Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
Here is my TTT.
https://dmhoisington.wordpress.com/2020/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-4/
Judy Krueger said…
Ah, Summer Sisters. So good.
Kait Plus Books said…
You have a great list! Beach Read is a perfect choice. Happy reading! :)

My Top Ten Tuesday!
Brooke Lorren said…
I'd like to read Empire of Sand someday! I say bring on the summer (and summer books)!
Beach Read does give off great summer vibes. I liked that book, but didn't find it quite as "easy" of a read as I was expecting.
I just finished up Empire of Sand it was awesome. I can't wait to read the sequel.

Check out my TTT
Lectrice Vorace said…
These books definitely give off the summer vibes! ☀️ I also have Summer Sisters by Judy Blume on my list this week.

Here's my TTT list.

Popular posts from this blog

My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases

I'm trying to post but take it easy, so I'm including my reactions to some of the example buzzwords Jana used in the prompt, plus any more I think of. I had some very strong and immediate reactions, probably since these buzzwords are so common, especially in romance and the romantasy that's ultrapopular these days! Happy Top Ten Tuesday! My Reactions to Common Book Buzzwords or Phrases Phrase: "Morally grey characters" My Reaction: NO. Why?: I'm thoroughly sick of this trend, especially because it typically means "morally grey male love interest" which typically actually means "I fell in love with a serial killer BUT HE LOOOOVES ME." No. Don't get me wrong, I can and do enjoy genuinely nuanced characters and I do not expect anyone, much less a fictional character, to be perfect nor do I want them to be, but if I see that phrase, I think Rhysand, or, at best, Christian Grey, and I'm just not into that. (But if you are, you're ...

Cozy Snowy Books and Books I Want for Hanukkah

 As usual, it's that time again to adjust the Top Ten Tuesday topic because tonight is the third night of Hanukkah. Hanukkah always starts on the 25th of Kislev but that sometimes needs some adjusting on the Gregorian calendar. Happy third night to my fellow celebrants, and happy almost-winter and/or winter holidays to everyone else! Since I also missed last week's topic, I've decided to share some cozy snowy reads--the topic was books set in snowy places but Jana added cozy and I like that as well-- to get into the wintery mood as well as some books I'd like for Hanukkah. Books Set in (Cozy) Snowy Places Love You a Latke by Amanda Elliott--This one is set during Hanukkah in Maine and NYC, so lots of cozy snow and wintry scenes in this evocative Hanukkah romance--and yes, it does involve a lot of food... The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis--Narnia is, of course, not an entirely nice place when the Pevensie children enter it, yet Mr. Tumnus, Mr. and Mrs....

Best Books I Read in 2025

 Woof. This was--I guess kind of an average reading year? Mostly good or decent reads, a few mediocre ones or ones that weren't for me. The books I'm including below are the ones I've thought about most this year--particularly The Feather Thief and Better Living Through Birding --it's hard to imagine I only read them in 2025! I guess I'm officially a nonfiction fan now. Happy Top Ten Tuesday! Best Books I Read in 2025 Thistlefoot by GennaRose Nethercott--I loved Baba Yaga as a kid and I love this modern, Jewish take on the story The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century by Kirk W. Johnson--I'd recommend this to anyone. Just a fascinating story--I never knew how much I wanted to know about fly-tying and the mystery of dead nineteenth century birds Sunrise on the Reaping by Suzanne Collins--Another gut-wrenching Hunger Games triumph--and maybe unfortunately one more for our times  Lessons in Magic and Disaster by Charlie ...